- First Friday! Nov. 2 is First Friday in Denver, and you know what that means. Art districts across the city will rock late into the evening, with galleries, artists receptions, studios and cultural attractions open late for a mind-expanding night of art, food, drink and fun. The best art, and people watching in Denver, and best of all, it is FREE! Info on all the various districts and what they offer HERE.
- Celebrate El Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. Plenty going on all around Denver on Friday, Nov. 2. Go here for more info on art gallery and museum celebrations, along with a blowout at the Funky Buddha.
- FREE Denver Art Museums on Saturday Nov. 3!! Colorado residents can enjoy a FREE day at the Denver Art Museum.on Saturday Nov. 3 from 10AM-5PM. 100 West 14th Avenue Parkway Denver. Also, "penny Saturday" at Denver Museum of Contemporary Art. Admission just one cent! Located 15th and Delgany, roughly two blocks from Union Station. Finally, another FREE day at the Clyfford Still Museum on Saturday Nov. 3, 10AM-5PM.250 Bannock St., Denver, CO
- A whopping 22 Denver-area museums will throw open their doors FREE on Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5-10PM as part of Denver Arts Week. Each museum promises special entertainment and activities, including music, dance and storytelling. Participating museums include the Black American West Museum, Byers-Evans House Museums, Children’s Museum of Denver, Clyfford Still Museum, Denver Art Museum, Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Denver Firefighters Museums, Forney Museum of Transportation, Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Art, Molly Brown House Museum, Museo de las Americas, Mizel Museum (open until 8:30PM), Dinosaur Ridge, Littleton Museum and Museum of Outdoor Arts. Museums in Golden include the Golden History Museums (Astor House, Golden History Center), Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum and Foothills Art Center. Even better, FREE shuttle buses will cart you to, or near the museums starting at 5PM, departing from the Denver Art Museum (parking available in the Cultural Complex Garage) and also from shuttle stop between the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and the Denver Zoo. Shuttles are NOT available for the Golden museums, Dinosaur Ridge, the Littleton Museum, Mizel Museum or Museum of Outdoor Art.
- Enjoy the dulcet tones of the Lamont String Chamber Ensemble at University of Denver (DU) on Sunday, Nov. 4. FREE admission. FREE parking. At the Hamilton Recital Hall, Newman Center for the Performing Arts, 2344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver.