Who doesn't love cheesy science fiction movies? Get your fill in October, when the Denver Public Library's 10th Anniversary Film Series celebrates five campy Science Fiction gems. Hosted by film screenwriter and film professor, Darren Foster. Films to screen on Tuesdays, 6-9PM. FREE!
- Oct. 2: Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971) "Get your hands off me, you damned dirty ape!" Chuck Heston dons a loin cloth as he battles against the bad monkeys in this classic, which spawned a long run of sequels and prequels, but certainly no equals.
- Oct. 9: Mars Attacks! (1996) Worth it just to see Jack Nicholson camp it up as a U.S. president. One of Tim Burton's most underrated films, a zany homage to cheesy 50s alien invader films.
- Oct. 16: Barbarella (1968) - Special event hosted by style maven and New York author Brini Maxwell, Registration is encouraged. Why? Because undoubtedly it is the sexiest sci-fi film ever made. Thank you Roger Vadim!
- Oct. 23.Logan's Run (1976) The tale of a hippie fascist regime in which everyone over 30 is compulsorily killed by an omnipotent computer that wants to keep the population down. Well, that should help balance the federal budget.
- Oct. 30. Flash Gordon (1980) Campy British space swashbuckler. Great soundtrack by Queen.
Denver Central Library, Level B2 Conference Center, 10 W. Fourteenth Ave. Pkwy. Denver.